Instead of tackling everything all at once, the idea is to divide the project up into specific topic areas, to be covered by different working groups.
The working groups include:
Aside from the specific questions that arise with each topic, there are some general questions that cut across all of them, including:
1. How to decarbonise?
2. What to do with and how to prevent waste?
3. How can equity be ensured for the many?
4. How can the process be democratic and participatory?
5. What role can the youth of Southern Gippsland play in this transition, and how to get them involved?
6. And most importantly, how can First Nations' sovereignty be addressed?
You can see who is already involved here.
Southern Gippsland spans Bunurong and Gunai-Kurnai country. We acknowledge that this land is unceded and pay respects to Elders past, present and emerging. A just transition is one that allows for First Nations sovereignty.
Copyright © 2020 Just Transition South Gippsland - All Rights Reserved.